No one injured in Weare chimney fire 

  • A chimney fire at 885 River Road in Weare turned into an attic fire due to improper installation and insufficient clearance of a wood stove. —Courtesy of Weare Fire

Saturday, December 23, 2017
weareChimney fire spares house, Christmas tree

A chimney fire in Weare spread to the attic thanks to the improper installation of a wood stove.

Weare fire responded to a fire at 885 River Road reported at 10:08 a.m., according to a statement. Emergency personnel arrived on scene 12 minutes later to find the blaze had spread to the attic.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the area around the chimney and the attic, preventing damage to most of the home’s furnishings – including the presents under the Christmas tree.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an improperly installed and insufficiently cleared wood stove, authorities said.

No one was injured.

Monitor staff