×

Prosecutors: Months may pass before details in Franklin murder released



Monitor staff
Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Prosecutors say another two months could pass before additional information on the circumstances surrounding a murder in Franklin this past June are released.

Richard Tripaldi II, 26, of Franklin was arrested and charged with second-degree murder on Aug. 3, the day after the body of 24 year-old James Brock was found in a wooded area off Flaghole Road in the city. Brock suffered a gunshot wound to the head sometime around June 21, authorities said.

Tripaldi was scheduled to appear Tuesday afternoon in Merrimack County Superior Court in Concord for a bail hearing; however, Tripadli waived his right to a hearing, officials said.

“Nothing additional will come out until after indictment at this point,” Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin said by phone.

Prosecutors have up to 90 days from the date of Tripaldi’s arrest to present the murder case to a grand jury for possible indictment. A grand jury will hand up an indictment if it believes prosecutors have enough evidence to proceed to trial.

Friends said Brock moved to New Hampshire from Mississippi roughly two years ago. His body was found in a remote area of Franklin along the edge of Great Gains Memorial Forest.

Authorities said previously that the shooting was not a random act, but have declined to comment on a possible motive.

Court documents in the case remain sealed.