×

More than 100 suspected ODs reported in Manchester

  • Recorder Staff/Tom RelihanUsed syringes collected by Tapestry Health's Holyoke needle exchange. Tom Relihan



Thursday, September 28, 2017

First responders in New Hampshire’s largest city said they’ve reported more than 100 suspected drug overdoses in September, a new monthly record.

American Medical Response said at least 105 cases have been reported for the month in Manchester. The previous record for the city was 100 in a month.

Police said there have also been 10 deaths believed to be linked to the overdoses. American Medical Response said that’s the highest number of fatalities in Manchester in one month since April 2016.

Earlier this year, first responders reported a downward trend. American Medical Response Regional Director Chris Stawasz said drugs are more widely available.