×

Pembroke man charged with repeated sexual assault of girls

  • Robert Pratt, 57, of Pembroke faces several felony sexual assault charges in connection with incidents dating back to the late 1990s and early 2000s. Police arrested Pratt on Monday, June 11, 2018 at his home. —Courtesy



Monitor staff
Tuesday, June 12, 2018

A Pembroke man with an extensive criminal history is accused of the repeated sexual abuse of two girls dating back decades.

Robert Pratt, 57, faces six counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault for a pattern of abuse against two girls between 1998 and 2004, Pembroke Police Chief Dwayne Gilman said. The girls were under the age of 16 at the time and known to Pratt.

“This came to our attention over several years,” Gilman said. “It was brought to our attention through the victims and their family members.”

The state’s Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, New Hampshire State Police and Concord Police Department assisted Pembroke officers with executing an arrest warrant and search warrant Monday at Pratt’s Melissa Drive home. Gilman said Pratt was taken into custody without incident.

Pratt was arraigned Monday in Hooksett’s district court, where a judge ordered him held on $50,000 bail. A further bail hearing was held Tuesday morning, at which time a judge reduced Pratt’s bail to $10,000 cash or corporate surety. If Pratt posts bail, he will be placed on electronic monitoring and supervised by Merrimack County’s pretrial services program.

Pratt has previously faced charges of aggravated felonious sexual assault, felonious sexual assault and indecent exposure in other New Hampshire counties. However, the felony charges were either plead down and resolved through lower-level convictions or dismissed altogether. Pratt is not a registered sex offender.

A total of 51 criminal and civil cases – to include domestic violence – have been opened against him in New Hampshire since 1993.

“That history was displayed in open court today,” Gilman said following Tuesday’s bail hearing. “There is a past, there is a history, there are repetitive acts across the state – and we ask anyone with any information to come forward to any jurisdiction.”

Gilman said the investigation in Pembroke remains ongoing.

“There is always the possibility that there could be other victims,” he said.

Police ask anyone with information about the case or other related crimes to contact Det. Mike Foster at 485-9173 or the Concord Regional Crime Line at 226-3100.

Pratt is next scheduled to appear in Hooksett’s district court for a probable cause hearing on June 21 at 10 a.m.

(Alyssa Dandrea can be reached at 369-3319, adandrea@cmonitor.com or on Twitter @_ADandrea.)