Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. COE-BROWN GIRLS’ TRACK (1) The Bears showed off their balance to win the Black Bear Invitational.
2. PITTSFIELD BASEBALL (5) The Panthers (8-1) won four games last week, highlighted by a 4-3 win over Sunapee.
3. JOHN STARK GIRLS’ LACROSSE (8) There are two undefeated teams in D-III – Stark (6-0) and Derryfield (9-0)
4. COE-BROWN SOFTBALL (2) The Bears (7-1) lost their first game of the season on Wednesday, 5-2 at MV.
5. KEARSARGE BOYS’ TRACK (3) It was a quiet week for the Cougars, who will be back on the track today at Stevens.
6. WINNISQUAM BASEBALL (4) The Bears (7-1) lost their first game on Monday, but responded with two wins.
7. BOW BOYS’ TENNIS (7) Yesterday’s 8-1 win against Inter-Lakes moved the the Falcons to 8-1
8. BOW GIRLS’ TENNIS (NR) After suffering their first loss last week, the Falcons (8-1) have won three straight.
9. JOHN STARK SOFTBALL (10) Wednesday’s 5-3 loss to Souhegan was the first of the year for Stark (6-1).
10. CONCORD SOFTBALL (NR) The Crimson Tide have won six straight after starting the season 1-2.
Others with votes: Winnisquam softball, Bow baseball, Kearsarge girls’ lax
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff