Letter: Extremist agenda
Here is a list of some of the 255 bills filed by current Republican legislators for the upcoming term:
1. A bill to form a state militia.
2. A bill to include a relevant phrase from the Magna Carta in new legislation (yes, really).
3. A bill to rebuild the Old Man of the Mountain.
4. A bill to allow everyone, without exception, to carry a gun
5. A bill to ban abortion under all circumstances (even if the woman’s health is in jeopardy).
6. A bill to push through the right-to-work (for less) agenda.
7. A bill to repeal marriage equality.
8. A bill to require random drug screening for food stamp recipients (costing New Hampshire $3 million per year).
9. A bill to repeal the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.
10. A bill to abolish the Department of Education.
11. A bill to repeal any home schooling oversight.
12. A bill to eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood
Most of the bills filed have nothing to do with jobs or improving the economy. How are these bills helping New Hampshire families? Where are the bills for jobs?
Please go on to the New Hampshire General Court website to see the proposed bills for 2013. Keep in mind that Speaker Bill O’Brien tried to conceal these bills from New Hampshire citizens. This Tea Party agenda is not the New Hampshire agenda. Please check who your senator and representatives have affiliations with. Please vote the Democratic ticket to save us from two more years of this extremist agenda.