Rain
68°
Rain
Hi 73° | Lo 58°

Police issue warrant in alleged theft of food pantry donation jar

The Concord police have issued a warrant for the man they believe stole a food pantry donation jar from a gas station earlier this month.

The police said 29-year-old Thomas Burke of Concord walked into the Circle K gas station on Loudon Road on Nov. 17, paid for his gas and then took a Capital Region Food Pantry donation jar from the counter. Officials have been unable to locate Burke, who they say has been seen spotted in the Concord area multiple times since the incident.

He is wanted for theft by unauthorized taking, a Class B felony.

Officials said Burke left the gas station at about 8:15 p.m. in a full-sized gray or silver Chevy van with a missing right-rear window that had been covered with plastic. At the time of the theft, he was wearing jeans and a black hooded sweatshirt with a logo reading “Tapout” on the front, according to the police.

Burke is described as being a white male about 6 feet tall and 220 pounds with blond spiked hair.

A picture of Burke as well as surveillance images taken from the gas station can be viewed at concordregionalcrimeline.com. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.

(Correction: This story was updated Nov. 30 to correct the date of the alleged theft.)

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.