Hi 40° | Lo 25°

Concord woman pleads guilty to sexual assault of 15-year-old

Miranda Fraser

Miranda Fraser

A 32-year-old Concord woman accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy who lived in her neighborhood has pleaded guilty, but her sentence is yet to be decided.

Under the term’s of Miranda Fraser’s capped plea agreement, the prosecutor can ask for no more than a two- to seven-year prison term at her sentencing next month. Fraser’s attorney will likely ask the judge to impose a lesser penalty of suspended time, said Assistant Merrimack County Attorney George Waldron.

Fraser was charged in February 2012 after the police said she had sex with a 15-year-old boy on several occasions between November 2011 and February 2012. According to the indictments, Fraser and the boy had sex in both her bed and her shower. While court documents don’t describe Fraser’s relationship to the now-17-year-old victim, the boy’s mother said she and Fraser were friends and their children often spent time together.

The mother, who is not being named to protect the identity of her son, said when he spent the night at Fraser’s house she assumed he was with Fraser’s son, who is his age. The mother said she found out about the assaults through acquaintances who Fraser had confided in.

Those individuals went to the police, then called her.

“As a mom, you trust another mom,” she said.

In February, Fraser pleaded guilty to four counts of felonious sexual assault, Class B felonies that each carry a maximum sentence of three and a half to seven years in prison.

The sentencing, where a judge could accept or deny the capped plea deal proposed by Waldron, was originally scheduled to take place last week but was pushed back because Fraser has a medical issue that may require surgery, according to court documents.

The mother last week said she’s upset about the delay and believes Fraser is being given a lighter sentence because she is a woman. She also questioned why Fraser was granted bail, believing she should have been behind bars since she was arrested.

“I don’t understand. As a mom, as a parent, this whole process keeps breaking my heart and breaking my heart and breaking my heart even more for my fricking kid,” she said.

Waldron said he didn’t find pushing the sentencing back 30 days to be unreasonable because Fraser and her attorney haven’t asked for delays in the past. He also said a sentence of two to seven years is in line with what he’s asked for in other statutory rape cases.

Donna Brown, Fraser’s court-appointed lawyer, didn’t respond to a request for comment yesterday. A number could not be obtained for Fraser.

(Tricia L. Nadolny can be reached at 369-3306 or or on Twitter @tricia_nadolny.)

Legacy Comments2

What was the 15 year old boy thinking?

That's what's screwed up about New Hampshire. You have a fight with someone and that person goes off drunk and falls in a river and they want to put you away for half your life. You sexually assault some kid and screw up there mind mentally for the rest of their lives and they slap you on the hand. New Hampshire motto ought to be " Molester My Kids, But Keep Your Hands Off My Money." You got some real sick characters in New Hampshire starting with your Legislators.

Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.