Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. Coe-Brown girls’ cross country (1) The rest of Division II didn’t stand a chance at the Black Bear Invitational.
2. Bow golf (2) The Falcons (13-0) keep showing depth and talent as they tear through D-III.
3. Concord football (5) Merrimack scored 100 points in its first two games, then lost to the 3-0 Crimson Tide, 55-0.
4. Bow girls’ soccer (4) The 7-0 Falcons still haven’t allowed a goal this season.
5. Hopkinton boys’ soccer (3) It was just a one-game week for the Hawks (6-0), a 5-0 win over Kearsarge.
6. Belmont volleyball (7) The Red Raiders (6-0) had their biggest win yet on Monday, a 3-2 comeback over Inter-Lakes.
7. Belmont girls’ soccer (6) The Red Raiders (8-0) stayed atop the D-III standings with two more wins.
8. Concord boys’ soccer (9) The Crimson Tide moved to 6-1-1 with yesterday’s impressive 4-1 win at Bedford.
9. Merrimack Valley Field Hockey (NR) The Pride (6-2) has won four straight against four of D-II’s best.
10. Bow girls’ cross country (8) The Falcons wound up 12th at Coe-Brown, but it was all D-II teams ahead of them.
Others receiving votes: Hopkinton girls’ x-c, Pembroke boys’ soccer, Winnisquam volleyball
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff