M/sunny
76°
M/sunny
Hi 84° | Lo 64°

Police: Faulty piping work led to gas explosion in Conway

Fire officials said piping work that didn’t comply with building codes led to a propane gas explosion inside a house in Conway.

Conway fire Chief Stephen Solomon told WMWV-FM the source of the problem was most likely the home’s hot-water heater.

The house was condemned and was set to be torn down yesterday.

Meanwhile, the condition of the homeowner, identified as 53-year-old Philip Murphy, appears to have worsened. He was listed in serious condition at Maine Medical Center in Portland yesterday.

He had smelled gas at the home Monday afternoon and opened the door, when the explosion happened in the basement.

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.