Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. Bow golf (2) The Falcons rolled to their second straight Division III title yesterday after a dominating 22-0 regular season.
2. Coe-Brown girls’ cross country (1) The Bears finished first against some of New England’s best in Thetford, Vt.
3. Concord football (5) The defense answered some questions in a 43-7 win over Londonderry. Pinkerton awaits tonight.
4. Bow girls’ soccer (4) It’s 10 shutouts in 11 games for the undefeated and untied Falcons (11-0-0).
5. Hopkinton boys’ soccer (3) The Hawks (10-0-1) pulled out a last-second 1-1 tie at Bow to stay unbeaten.
6. bow boys’ soccer (NR) The Falcons (11-1-1) answered for their only loss with the 1-1 tie against Hopkinton.
7. Coe-brown volleyball (nr) The Bears (10-1) have won nine straight and are tied for first in D-II.
8. Pembroke boys’ soccer (8) The Spartans (8-1-1) are No. 2 in D-II with a big game today against Lebanon (9-2).
9. belmont volleyball (10) The Red Raiders (10-1) bounced back from their first loss with a pair of wins.
10. Hopkinton girls’ soccer (NR) A 2-1 win over Belmont was huge for the Hawks (8-1-2), who face Bow today.
Others receiving votes: Concord boys’ soccer, Winnisquam volleyball, Hopkinton girls’ x-c
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff