Hi 24° | Lo 11°

Woodstove malfunction causes house fire in Merrimack

A Merrimack family is safe after a wood stove malfunction sparked a fire in their home.

The fire extended from the wood stove in the basement through the walls on the first and second floors and into the eaves above the attic Friday night.

The Telegraph reported that the man, woman, a daughter and three dogs were able to escape the home safely after spotting flames in the walls.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control quickly.

Fire officials said the home is inhabitable because of smoke and water damage and no electricity.

Legacy Comments0
There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.