Hi 40° | Lo 25°
The Brotherhood

The Brotherhood: Jerod Trebian of Concord

Jerod Trebian.

(Courtesy photo)

Jerod Trebian. (Courtesy photo)

In 1996, when he was living in Concord, Jerod Trebian became the state’s first 17-year-old charged as an adult under a new “juvenile justice” law. Trebian was charged with five counts of disposing of handguns that had been stolen from a Pembroke home, according to court records.

Since then, Trebian, who lived some of his youth on Jennings Drive in Concord, has spent more than 17 of his 35 years behind bars on drug, theft and assault offenses. In that first case, Trebian sold two of the guns for a total of $125, gave one away and stashed two others in a Concord snowbank, according to the police.

For that, Trebian served two years and four months in prison.

He didn’t stay out of prison for long.

Three months after his release, Trebian was convicted of two counts of first-degree assault in Merrimack County, according to court records. He punched a man in the head with “metallic knuckles” while in White Park, according to a 1999 Monitor story. Trebian was sent back to prison, this time for just more than three years.

Trebian was released in April 2003 but was back in prison two years later on multiple charges, including heroin possession, shoplifting, making a false report and theft by unauthorized taking. It was during this prison stay that prison officials say Trebian helped start BOWW at the Berlin prison. (In interviews with the Monitor, Trebian has declined to comment on his alleged involvement with BOWW.)

Trebian was released on parole in early 2007 but was back in prison three months later on a violation. He served seven months. In fall 2009, Trebian came back to prison again, for just more than a year, on another parole violation, according to prison records.

In late 2010, Trebian was again released on parole only to find himself facing charges again in June 2011 – this time for badly assaulting a woman he had dated. According to court indictments, Trebian hit the woman with a hammer, his keys and his hands while the two were at a Warner gas station. A gas station employee called the police.

Days later, the court granted the woman her request for a protective order against Trebian. She told the police Trebian had called her repeatedly, telling her that “she would pay for ‘running her mouth,’ ” according to court records.

In late July, the woman began to change her account. She asked the court to withdraw her protective order, saying she had felt pressured to seek it in the first place. The court denied her request. Trebian told the Monitor that prosecutors were hounding her to making incriminating statements against him.

Two months later, the Salem police stopped Trebian’s car for speeding and saw the woman in Trebian’s passenger seat, crying and bleeding from her nose. Trebian and the woman told the police another man had hit her and that Trebian was taking her to the hospital for treatment, according to a police affidavit.

The police officer arrested Trebian for violation of a protective order.

As Trebian’s assault charges neared trial, his defense attorneys told the court that the woman planned to recant her statements against him, according to court records. She intended to say that someone other than Trebian had assaulted her, according to the records.

The woman stopped cooperating with the Merrimack County Attorney’s office and could not be found as the trial neared. A judge granted prosecutor George Waldron a warrant for the woman’s arrest in 2012, to ensure she’d appear at trial.

But she couldn’t be found, Waldron said last week. In May 2012, Waldron dropped the charges, writing in the court file that the state would seek to reindict Trebian if the woman could be found.

The woman died in January in Massachusetts of a drug overdose, according to a family member.

Trebian declined to publicly discuss the woman or the assault charges, but said it was the only case he has ever pushed toward trial, “because I wasn’t guilty on it.”

Trebian returned to prison in March on four stalking convictions and one of disobeying an officer, offenses from 2011. He is eligible for parole in February but withdrew his request for a parole hearing last week after being written up for undisclosed disciplinary infractions.


N.H.’s Brotherhood of White Warriors Part 1: Origins

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

On the night of Feb. 1, two men clutching handguns approached a minivan on a residential street near Memorial Field in Concord. One wore a hood, the other a hockey mask. Reaching the vehicle, according to police reports, they threw open its doors and forced the driver into the back. The driver was pinned against his seat, struck in the …

Legacy Comments0
There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.