UPDATE: Early morning fire engulfs School Street residence in Concord
An early morning fire engulfs the residence at 72 School St. early Friday, April 5, 2013. (Courtesy photo)
One firefighter was hurt in a fire that damaged a 150-year-old home at 72 School St. early this morning. The fire began at 12:33 a.m. on the porch and quickly spread to the second floor and attic, according to Concord Fire Chief Dan Andrus.
After an investigation, the fire was determined to be accidental. Ashes from a wood stove that were deposited on the porch ignited nearby combustibles, according to a release from Andrus.
Units from Concord, Allenstown, Bow, Chichester, Hooksett and Pembroke responded to the fire. Off-duty Concord firefighters were also called back to duty. The fire was brought under control just before 2 a.m., according to a release.
Neither of the home’s two occupants was injured.
A Concord firefighter suffered an ankle injury late in the fire. He was treated and released at Concord Hospital.