Cloudy
64°
Cloudy
Hi 74° | Lo 55°

Fire engulfs Loudon home, mother and son safely evacuate

A Loudon mother and her son were forced to evacuate their home yesterday after a fire that sparked in the basement spread out of control, officials said.

Fire crews from six towns including Loudon arrived at the house, located at 975 Route 129, just after 1 p.m., officials said. Loudon fire Chief Rick Wright said the two-alarm fire was caused by a dryer that malfunctioned. He said the home suffered heavy water and smoke damage in the blaze, but predicted that the building would be repairable.

Wright said the mother and son were “a bit shaken” but otherwise fine. The fire was fully contained by about 4 p.m.

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.