Cloudy
57°
Cloudy
Hi 59° | Lo 48°

Nashua apartment fire started by candle

Fire officials said a candle caused a fire in an apartment building in Nashua that sent a 3-year-old girl to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

A firefighter was also treated at the hospital for a dog bite to the neck.

The fire was reported Friday morning. Firefighters escorted one of the occupants out of a first-floor apartment and rescued a dog from a second-floor apartment. A second dog died in the fire.

Fire crews were able to put out the fire and contain it to the bedroom where it started from a candle on a night stand.

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.