Letter: Remove your blinders
To my very right-wing leaning friends, President Obama was correct when he said, “If you want to change things, win an election.”
The hard-line, ideological, chest-beating of my way or no way simply won’t win an election. You hold up the Constitution, fantastic. Follow it. Do what it takes to win an election.
To my very left-wing leaning friends, please stop threatening those who have not gotten drunk on the blue Kool-Aid. Even you have to be realistic and understand no system of government can hold up with a 17 trillion dollar debt and growing.
No system of government can have 20 percent of the population supporting the other 80 percent with you looking for even more. How much is a fair share to you? I, for one, think I am taxed enough already. Everyone I ask (both red and blue) says the same. I think I’m lucky to have friends on both ends of the spectrum because it keeps things in perspective for me. Folks, as Americans we agree on more than we disagree on. Let’s build from there.
Does this make me a “sellout” to either side? Does this make me “weak?” Am I a RINO or a DINO? I don’t think I’m any of those things. I’d prefer to be called: Rational.