Letter: A dozen safety suggestions
Some suggestions on gun safety:
1. Ban all sales of assault rifles.
2. Require all assault rifles to be turned in to the government
3. Limit each adult in a household to two handguns.
4. Gun licenses must be required in all states.
5. Gun license applicants must list all persons in their household and ages and also have a mental health/criminal background check on all occupants over 14 years old.
6. Gun license applicants must provide a secure plan to prevent others from gaining access.
7. Any changes to additional household occupants must be reported to the police chief for a mental health/criminal background check.
8. All guns must be re-registered at the time of the driver’s license renewal.
9. All gun owners must have a heavy safe for guns secured to the floor and wall in a manner approved by the police chief or a burglar alarm on their house or a sworn oath that any guns will not be left in the home while they are not at home.
10. Loss of driver’s license would also include loss of all handguns.
11. Any criminal or marital disputes involving the police or legal system would require temporary loss of handgun license
12. School officials should determine which school officials should carry a small handgun.
Yes, guns don’t kill people. People kill people, right?
Yes, but people with guns kill people and innocent little children in their classrooms. The only reason anyone needs to have assault weapons is to worry about an invasion from another country, a worldwide catastrophe, space invaders or a zombie apocalypse.