Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. PEMBROKE BOYS’ BASKETBALL (1) The Spartans (7-0) stayed unbeaten with a 66-62 win at Windham last Friday.
2. BELMONT-GILFORD BOYS’ HOCKEY (5) While most teams were resting, the Bulldogs (8-0) won three games.
3. CONCORD girls’ x-c skiing (2) The Crimson Tide didn’t compete last week but are still the team to beat in D-I.
4. BISHOP BRADY GIRLS’ BASKETBALL (3) The Green Giants (9-0) end an eight-day layoff tonight at Fall Mountain.
5. BISHOP BRADY BOYS’ ALPINE SKIING (10) The Green Giants have finished atop the standings in their last two races.
6. HOPKINTON GIRLS’ X-C SKIING (4) It will be interesting to see how the D-IV Hawks do in the upcoming NH Series races.
7. CONCORD WRESTLING (7) The Tide (9-1 overall) travel to Lowell, Mass., tomorrow for a second straight out-of-state meet.
8. HOPKINTON BOYS’ BASKETBALL (nr) The Hawks (7-1) have won their last four by an average of 22.5 points.
9. BOW BOYS’ HOCKEY (3) Both losses by the Falcons (6-2) have come against D-II’s two undefeated teams – Bedford and Spaulding.
10. HOPKINTON GIRLS’ BASKETBALL (nr) Both losses by the Hawks (8-2) have come against D-III’s two undefeated teams – Brady and Campbell.
Others receiving votes: Bow girls’ X-C skiing, Bishop Brady boys’ basketball, Concord boys’ X-C skiing.
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff