Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. PEMBROKE BOYS’ HOOP (1) The top-ranked Spartans (19-1) advanced to their fifth semifinal in seven years.
2. HOPKINTON GIRLS’ X-C SKIING (3) Sarah Nadeau was first in the freestyle and classic races at the J2 (U16) NENSA championships.
3. CONCORD X-C SKIING (4) Kate Andy was second in the freestyle and ninth in the classic at the J2 (U16) championships.
4. COE-BROWN GIRLS’ TRACK (2) The Bears finished first or second in five of the 13 D-II championship events.
5. MV GIRLS’ HOOP (10) The Pride beat the defending champs (Lebanon) and No. 1 seed (Milford) on the way to the D-II final.
6. HOPKINTON BOYS’ HOOP (5) The No. 1 Hawks advanced to the D-III semifinals with a 64-44 win over No. 8 Mascoma.
7. COE-BROWN GIRLS’ HOOP (NR) The No. 6 Bears (16-5) upset No. 3 Souhegan and No. 2 Hanover to reach the D-II final.
8. BOW BOYS’ HOCKEY (9) The No. 3 Falcons (15-3-1) will face No. 2 Dover in today’s D-II semis after a 4-0 win over No. 6 Goffstown.
9. BELMONT-GILFORD BOYS’ HOCKEY (nr) A comeback against Kennett propelled the No. 3 Bulldogs into today’s D-III semifinals.
10. BOW GIRLS’ X-C SKIING (7) Lilly Naimie and Naomi Kramer will ski in this weekend’s Eastern High School Championships.
Others receiving votes: Brady boys’ Alpine skiing, Stark-Hopkinton hockey, Brady girls’ hoop.
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff