Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. Concord football (3) Back-to-back wins against Pinkerton and Bedford vault the Crimson Tide (7-0) to the top spot.
2. Bow golf (1) The undefeated, state champion Falcons slip to second after a week of inactivity.
3. Coe-Brown girls’ cross country (2) The Bears are heavy favorites to win their fourth straight D-II title tomorrow.
4. Bow girls’ soccer (4) All the Falcons (15-0) need to do for a perfect regular season is beat Kearsarge (3-10-2) today.
5. Coe-brown volleyball (5) The Bears (15-1) finished the regular season with two 3-0 wins and ranked No. 1 in D-II.
6. Hopkinton boys’ soccer (6) The Hawks (14-0-1) can cap an undefeated regular season with a win over Kearsarge (10-4-1) today.
7. bow boys’ soccer (7) The Falcons (14-1-1) allowed only two goals in their last 10 games and are locked into the No. 2 seed.
8. Concord boys’ soccer (8) The Tide (11-2-2) guaranteed itself a top-four D-I seed with Monday’s 3-2 win against Pinkerton.
9. bow football (NR) The Falcons (5-1) are healthy and rolling as they head into a key game tonight at Somersworth (3-3).
10. winnisquam volleyball (NR) The Bears (13-2) have reeled off five straight 3-0 wins. They face Belmont (11-4) tonight.
Others receiving votes: Concord girls’ x-c, Hopkinton girls’ x-c, Pembroke boys’ soccer.
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff