Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. Concord football (1) The Crimson Tide moved to 8-0 with a 48-6 thrashing of Manchester West.
2. Coe-Brown girls’ cross country (3) The Bears are favorites to win a third straight Meet of Champions crown tomorrow.
3. Bow golf (2) It’s tough to maintain a top spot when your season is over, so these Falcons drop again.
4. Hopkinton girls’ cross country (NR) The Hawks placed four runners in the top 10 to win their seventh straight D-III title.
5. Merrimack Valley field hockey (nr) The No. 6 Pride beat No. 2 Lebanon, 1-0, in yesterday’s semifinal for a spot in Sunday’s D-II final.
6. Bow girls’ soccer (4) The top-ranked Falcons (17-0) face No. 8 Monadnock in tomorrow’s quarterfinals.
7. Hopkinton boys’ soccer (6) The top-seeded Hawks (16-0-1) rolled to a 6-0 playoff win yesterday.
8. Coe-Brown volleyball (5) The No. 1 Bears (15-1) open their postseason at home tomorrow against No. 8 Portsmouth.
9. Bow boys’ soccer (7) Yesterday’s 3-0 win against Campbell sends the No. 2 Falcons (15-1-1) into Sunday’s quarterfinals.
10. Merrimack Valley football (NR) The Pride (7-1) had a huge win against St. Thomas to close in on its first-ever playoffs.
Others receiving votes: Concord boys’ soccer, Winnisquam volleyball, Pembroke boys’ soccer.
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff