Final fall pound-for-pound high school rankings
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. Coe-Brown girls’ cross country (1) The Bears started at No. 1 and they finish there after winning the New England title.
2. CONCORD FOOTBALL (2) The Tide (12-0) saved its best for last – a 42-14 win over Pinkerton for the D-I title.
3. BOW GOLF (5) These undefeated Falcons dominated from start to finish, winning their second straight D-III title by 36 strokes.
4. BOW GIRLS’ SOCCER (3) These undefeated Falcons won their second title in three years with a 1-0 overtime win.
5. HOPKINTON BOYS’ SOCCER (4) The Hawks (19-0-1) finish behind our four other undefeated champs due to their 1-1 tie with Bow on Oct. 8.
6. BOW FOOTBALL (6) After losing the season opener, Bow won 10 straight, the last a 20-6 win over Stevens for the D-III title.
7. COE-BROWN VOLLEYBALL (7) The 18-1 Bears, our other one-loss champ, won the first volleyball championship in school history in impressive fashion.
8. HOPKINTON GIRLS’ CROSS COUNTRY (8) The Hawks won their seventh straight D-III/Class M-S title, and ninth in 10 years. Team of the decade?
9. BOW BOYS’ SOCCER (10) The Falcons (17-2-1) missed a three-peat with their finals loss to Hopkinton, the only team they couldn’t beat.
10. HOPKINTON GIRLS’ SOCCER (9) The defending-champion Hawks (15-3-2) pushed Bow to overtime in the final before losing on a penalty kick.
Others receiving votes: Winnisquam volleyball, Merrimack Valley field hockey, Pembroke Academy girls’ soccer.
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff