Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. PEMBROKE BOYS’ BASKETBALL (1) The Spartans (4-0) have won their regular-season games by an average of 28.5 points.
2. CONCORD girls’ x-c skiing (2) The Crimson Tide swept the first seven places in a six-team meet on Wednesday.
3. BOW HOCKEY (4) The first-place Falcons (5-0) host 3-0 Spaulding tomorrow.
4. BOW GIRLS’ X-C SKIING (5) Lilly Naimie and Naomi Kramer continue to pace the four-time defending D-III champs.
5. BISHOP BRADY GIRLS’ BASKETBALL (6) The Green Giants improved to 6-0 after last night’s 69-12 win over Sanborn.
6. HOPKINTON GIRLS’ X-C SKIING (7) The Hawks pulled out a close victory in yesterday’s season-opening meet.
7. BOW BOYS’ ALPINE SKIING (nr) The two-time defending D-III champs took first in a five-team meet on Wednesday.
8. CONCORD WRESTLING (9) The Tide claimed a 59-18 win last night against previously unbeaten Salem.
9. PEMBROKE GIRLS’ BASKETBALL (10) The Spartans (4-1) handed Merrimack Valley its first loss on Tuesday.
10. MERRIMACK VALLEY GIRLS’ BASKETBALL (3) The Pride (4-1) plays four games in the next seven days.
Others receiving votes: Concord boys’ x-c skiing, Hopkinton girls’ hoop, Coe-Brown girls’ track
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff