Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. COE-BROWN GIRLS’ TRACK (nr) The Bears dominated at Dartmouth on Sunday to win their second straight Division II title.
2. CONCORD girls’ x-c skiing (3) The Crimson Tide won its second straight NH Series race, taking first in yesterday’s classic race.
3. PEMBROKE BOYS’ BASKETBALL (2) The Spartans (11-1) rebounded from their first loss with wins over Hanover and Lebanon.
4. BRADY BOYS’ ALPINE SKIING (4) The Giants, led by Suni Choi, continued their winning ways by finishing first in the Capital Cup.
5. BOW X-C SKIING (5) The Bow boys finished fifth and the girls were sixth in the NH Series classic race.
6. CONCORD WRESTLING (7) The Crimson Tide showed its depth with a strong second at the Capital City Classic.
7. HOPKINTON BOYS’ BASKETBALL (8) The Hawks (10-1) have won seven straight and are one of three one-loss teams in D-III.
8. BELMONT-GILFORD BOYS’ HOCKEY (1) It was a rough week for the Bulldogs (10-2), who lost their first two games of the season.
9. BRADY BOYS’ BASKETBALL (nr) The Giants (8-2) handed Plymouth its first home loss last Friday and have won six straight.
10. BOW GIRLS’ BASKETBALL (NR) Bow (11-3) will be riding an 8-game win streak entering tomorrow’s showdown with Brady (11-2).
Others receiving votes: Brady girls’ hoop, Hopkinton X-C skiing, Concord boys’ swimming.
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff