Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. COE-BROWN GIRLS’ TRACK (4) The Bears dominated their championship event like no other local team to win the D-II title.
2. PEMBROKE BOYS’ HOOP (1) The Spartans (22-1) won their second straight D-II title with a 49-40 win over Portsmouth.
3. CONCORD GIRLS’ X-C SKIING (3) The six-time D-I champion Tide beat every team in its way with a deep, young and talented roster.
4. MV GIRLS’ HOOP (5) The Pride beat the defending D-II champs and the top seed on its way to the school’s first girls’ hoop title.
5. HOPKINTON GIRLS’ X-C SKIING (2) The Hawks won their 10th straight D-IV crown and Sarah Nadeau swept the MOC.
6. CONCORD BOYS’ X-C SKIING (NR) With senior Nate LaTourette leading the way, the Tide won its sixth consecutive D-I title.
7. BOW GIRLS’ X-C SKIING (10) The Falcons won a fifth consecutive D-III title behind Naomi Kramer and Lilly Naimie.
8. BRADY BOYS’ ALPINE SKIING (NR) The Green Giants’ D-III championships was the first boys’ skiing title in school history.
9. BOW BOYS’ HOCKEY (8) The Falcons finished with a 16-4-1 record and the D-II runner-up trophy.
10. COE-BROWN GIRLS’ HOOP (7) The Bears won their last six regular season games and made it to the D-II final before losing to MV.
Others receiving votes: Stark-Hopkinton hockey, Brady girls’ hoop, Hopkinton boys’ hoop.
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff