Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS Team 1. COE-BROWN GIRLS’ TRACK The two-time defending D-II champs looked powerful winning the Pelham Invitational on Saturday. 2. COE-BROWN SOFTBALL The Bears (2-0) return all nine starters from last year’s D-II ru
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. COE-BROWN GIRLS’ TRACK (1) Coe-Brown’s girls have now won seven straight track titles between outdoor, indoor and cross country.
2. KEARSARGE BOYS’ TRACK (2) The Cougars are the only local boys’ team to defend the title it won last spring.
3. COE-BROWN SOFTBALL (3) The Bears finished 19-2 and won the D-II title they just missed out on last season.
4. BOW BOYS’ TENNIS (5) The Falcons have been D-III runners-up four straight years; three of the finals losses came by 5-4 scores.
5. JOHN STARK SOFTBALL (4) The Generals (14-6) reached the first softball final in school history before suffering a walk-off loss.
6. JOHN STARK GIRLS’ LACROSSE (6) Stark finished the season 14-3 and made it to the first lacrosse final in school history.
7. PITTSFIELD BASEBALL (8) The Panthers (15-4) couldn’t defend their D-IV title, but they did advance to the semifinals.
8. bow girls’ tennis (7) The Falcons (14-2) reached the semifinals for the fourth straight year but couldn’t defend their ’13 title.
9. BISHOP BRADY GIRLS’ TENNIS (9) The Giants (12-4) made it to the D-II semifinals before falling to top-seeded St. Thomas, 5-4.
10. CONCORD BOYS’ TENNIS (NR) The Tide (11-5) advanced to the D-I semis for the third straight year before losing to Keene, 5-4.
Others receiving votes: Pembroke softball, Bow baseball, Bow boys’ lacrosse.
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff