Pound-for-pound high school rankings
Team(with last week’s rank)
1. Coe-Brown girls’ cross country (1) The Bears swept the top seven spots in a dual-meet win over Portsmouth.
2. Bow golf (2) The Falcons improved to 8-0 and had their third different medallist in as many matches.
3. Hopkinton boys’ soccer (4) The Hawks knocked off two-time defending champ Bow, 2-0, and moved to 5-0.
4. Bow girls’ soccer (5) A 2-0 win against Pelham makes five shutouts in five games for the 5-0 Falcons.
5. Concord football (8) The Crimson Tide looks like a Division I frontrunner after its 52-13 win over Salem.
6. Belmont girls’ soccer (7) No team has more wins in D-III than the 6-0 Red Raiders.
7. belmont volleyball (nr) It’s been a perfect season so far for the Red Raiders, who have four 3-0 wins.
8. Bow girls’ cross country (nr) Led by freshman Olivia Krause, the Falcons edged defending D-III champion Hopkinton.
9. Concord boys’ soccer (10) The Crimson Tide is now 4-1-1 and has only allowed two goals in those six games.
10. Hopkinton girls’ cross country (3) The Hawks did lose to Bow, but they were missing one of their top runners.
Others receiving votes: MV field hockey, Bow boys’ x-c, Pembroke boys’ soccer