Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. Bow golf (1) The Division III champion Falcons (22-0) are in the clubhouse with the top spot.
2. Coe-Brown girls’ cross country (2) The Bears took six of the top eight places on their way to a win at the Pelham Invitational.
3. Concord football (3) A 21-14 OT win at Pinkerton kept the Tide perfect (6-0) heading into tonight’s game against 6-0 Bedford.
4. Bow girls’ soccer (4) There was an overtime scare against Raymond, but the Falcons are still undefeated (13-0-0).
5. Coe-brown volleyball (7) The Bears (12-1) stand alone atop D-II after last week’s huge 3-0 win over Windham.
6. Hopkinton boys’ soccer (5) The Hawks (12-0-1) have owned the top stop in D-III all season long.
7. bow boys’ soccer (6) A pair of 2-0 wins pushed the Falcons to 12-1-1 and kept them in second place in D-III.
8. Concord boys’ soccer (NR) The Tide (10-2-2) proved itself with a 0-0 tie against previously perfect Hanover (13-0-1).
9. Hopkinton girls’ cross country (NR) The Hawks finished second at the Capital Areal meet, just ahead of D-III rival Bow.
10. pembroke boys’ soccer (8) The Spartans (10-2-1) bounced back from a an 0-1-1 week with two wins on the road.
Others receiving votes: Concord girls’ x-c, Winnisquam volleyball, Bow football.
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff