Pound-for-pound high school rankings
POUND-FOR-POUND HIGH SCHOOL RANKINGS
Team (with last week’s rank)
1. Coe-Brown girls’ cross country (1) The Bears cemented the top spot by winning the New England championship Saturday.
2. Bow girls’ soccer (2) The Falcons capped a 20-0 season with a 1-0 overtime win against Hopkinton in the Division III final.
3. Hopkinton boys’ soccer (5) The Hawks (19-0-1) completed their undefeated season with a 3-0 win over Bow in the D-III final.
4. Concord football (3) The Tide (10-0) showed no signs of slowing down in its 53-14 D-I quarterfinal win over Central.
5. Bow golf (4) They’ve been done for weeks, but we can’t forget these dominant and undefeated Falcons.
6. Coe-Brown volleyball (6) The Bears won the school’s first-ever volleyball title and finished the year 18-1.
7. Bow football (NR) The Falcons (8-1) avenged their only loss with an 18-6 win at Pelham in the D-III quarterfinals.
8. Hopkinton girls’ cross country (8) They didn’t run last week, but these Hawks are still D-III champs and still in our Top 10.
9. hopkinton girls’ soccer (9) The Hawks (15-3-2) lost their D-III crown, but they pushed undefeated Bow to the brink in OT.
10. bow boys’ soccer (7) The only D-III team the Falcons (17-2-1) couldn’t beat was Hopkinton.
Others receiving votes: Winnisquam volleyball, MV field hockey, Pembroke girls’ soccer.
By TIM O’SULLIVAN, Monitor staff