Cloudy
39°
Cloudy
Hi 52° | Lo 36°
Report to Readers

Report to Readers: Looking for a little fun? We can help

Here’s one complaint we hear from readers who live in Concord: It’s so hard to find out about fun stuff going on in town.

And here’s a complaint we hear from readers who live outside of town: I wish I could get the Concord Insider. That’sthe free weekly that’s delivered with the daily paper inside the city limits and available in racks downtown.

Starting Tuesday, the Monitor will introduce a new, nearly daily column that will help solve both problems.

“The Insiders” will be published at the top of the left-hand column on the Local & State news page six days a week. (On the seventh day, when we publish a Business section rather than a Local & State page, the Insiders will rest.) The column will let you know what’s going on in Concord that evening and beyond – arts performances, musicians in local bars, a good spot to spend St. Patrick’s Day, an especially interesting speaker, a particularly high-stakes high school hockey game, you name it.

The authors, Ben Conant and Keith Testa, will be familiar to fans of the Concord Insider. For the uninitiated, here’s a quick introduction:

Conant, 30, is the editor of the Concord Insider and a graduate of Keene State College. His favorite thing about Concord: $2 Taco Tuesday at Dos Amigos.

Asked for a surprising fact about himself, Conant came up with three. “My name anagrams to both ‘Nab Cinnamon Jet’ and ‘Bat Ninja Con Men!’ I have been to every continent on Earth except Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, Australia and Antarctica. I was once chased down the street by a movie buff who thought I was Seth Rogen,” he says. Hard to beat that, really.

Testa, 32, is the Concord Insider’s one-man reporting staff and a graduate of Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania. He favorite thing about Concord: “It can be a city or a small town depending on what you want to do.” Testa got his start in the business early. A surprising fact about him? “I won a newspaper football pool when I was 9.”

Conant and Testa are pretty resourceful, but the more help they get, the better. If you have a tip, write them at theinsiders@cmonitor.com.

As always, let us know what you think.

(Felice Belman can be reached at fbelman@cmonitor.com or 369-3370.)

Legacy Comments0
There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.