Cloudy
59°
Cloudy
Hi 73° | Lo 51°
N.H. News Roundup

N.H. News Roundup: SNHU is off a bucket list, Pillsbury Park’s newest fan

Hello readers!

It’s back to the salt mines for many of you after celebrating some of our nation’s most famous past leaders. I didn’t get the day off, so my sympathy for you may be limited, however, I'll never complain about free parking.

The Legislature is also back to work today, and Monitor reporters Annmarie Timmins and Ben Leubsdorf are live tweeting from the State House.

If your day is moving a little slower than you’d like, give some of these stories a look:

∎ A police officer has crossed something special off her bucket list: She’s gone back to college after 20 years on the job.

∎ Volunteerism is alive and well in New Hampshire. Three-fourths of Granite Staters lend a helping hand, according to a recent report.

∎ Sens. Jeanne Shaheen and Kelly Ayotte and Rep. Annie Kuster are speaking today at a ceremony honoring graduates of BAE Systems’ Women in Technology program.

∎ Pillsbury State Park has a fan in one Phoenix-imported photographer.

∎ For some in the state, small claims court is “an unending battle.”

∎ Do you have questions or opinions about the Downtown Complete Streets Project? Join the Concord Young Professionals Network tomorrow night at the Common Man.

∎ A court appearance that was scheduled for this morning for a Portsmouth high school technology employee charged with felonies alleging he solicited a minor for sex online has been postponed.

∎ The New Hampshire University Student Senate is pushing for the UNH Athletic Department to lower its fee.

∎ Two women got into a scuffle at a Portsmouth senior living apartment building last week during a scheduled bingo game.

(Have ideas for the roundup? Reach web editor Kevin Deane at 369-3302 or email him at kdeane@cmonitor.com. Follow him on Twitter, @CM_KDeane.)

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.