Sunny
63°
Sunny
Hi 66° | Lo 42°
N.H. News Roundup

N.H. News Roundup: Granite State is cooking, Seastrand’s accuser named

Pommes Frittes served with aioli.  Republic on Elm Street in Manchester on March 6, 2013. 

(ANDREA MORALES / Monitor staff)

Pommes Frittes served with aioli. Republic on Elm Street in Manchester on March 6, 2013. (ANDREA MORALES / Monitor staff)

I like to cook.

My favorite day would probably include a sunny day, some friends and standing over my grill. The gourmet stuff, though, is not my forte. That’s not the case for all Granite Staters, as I’ve become accustomed to eating at some fine establishments (including – if not exclusively – some home-cooked meals).

∎ If you’re interested in taking a weekend away and honing some of those skills, look no further than Golden Pond.

∎ If you’re in Manchester, be sure to try some of these restuarants (in the related content section) to get you food fix. LiveWell Magazine explored the op eateries according to Yelp.com in this month’s issue. (Full disclosure: I'm one of the reviewers.)

∎ The Littleton Food Co-op is hoping to raise funds an awareness, and it’s partnering with Children’s Hospital this month.

∎ If you’re not into food, one blogger went two months without eating. Sounds terrible.

In other news

∎ Former police chief David Seastrand’s attorney says his accusers are motivated by money. His original accuser was named this morning. That woman’s attorney confirmed the identification in a released statement and praised the 18-year-old student’s bravery.

∎ U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte has introduced bipartisan legislation that will cut funding for the Medium Extended Air Defense System.

∎ Police say a spilled drink led to the beating that caused a Dover man’s death in Portsmouth.

 Franklin Pierce’s homestead near Hillsboro opens for visitors on Memorial Day.

∎ N.H. Astronomical Society volunteers will be at the Curious George Cottage this Saturday from 8-10 p.m. to assist anyone interested in stargazing.

∎ The UNH football team had 27 members receive the CAA Commissioner’s Academic Award for the 2012-13 season.

∎ It’s Nashua-native Mandy Moore’s birthday. Here’s a few other famous Granite Staters.

(Have ideas for the roundup? Reach web editor Kevin Deane at 369-3302 or email him at kdeane@cmonitor.com. Follow him on Twitter, @CM_KDeane.)

Legacy Comments0
There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.