Clear
33°
Clear
Hi 59° | Lo 34°
New England Patriots

PHOTOS: Honor Your Oath Rally at the State House in Concord

• Representative Donald L. LeBrun of Nashua applauds during the Honor Your Oath Rally at the State House in Concord; Saturday, April 13, 2013.<br/><br/>(SAMANTHA GORESH / Monitor staff)

Representative Donald L. LeBrun of Nashua applauds during the Honor Your Oath Rally at the State House in Concord; Saturday, April 13, 2013.

(SAMANTHA GORESH / Monitor staff)

• Representative Jane Cormier of Alton addresses the crowd at the Honor Your Oath Rally at the State House in Concord; Saturday, April 13, 2013.<br/><br/>(SAMANTHA GORESH / Monitor staff)

Representative Jane Cormier of Alton addresses the crowd at the Honor Your Oath Rally at the State House in Concord; Saturday, April 13, 2013.

• A crowd gathered outside of the State House in Concord for the Honor Your Oath Rally; Saturday, April 13, 2013.<br/><br/>(SAMANTHA GORESH / Monitor staff)

A crowd gathered outside of the State House in Concord for the Honor Your Oath Rally; Saturday, April 13, 2013.

• Carlos Dow, 8, stands in front of his father Carl Dow and listens to the raffle numbers beign called at the Honor Your Oath Rally at the State House in Concord; Saturday, April 13, 2013.<br/><br/>(SAMANTHA GORESH / Monitor staff)

Carlos Dow, 8, stands in front of his father Carl Dow and listens to the raffle numbers beign called at the Honor Your Oath Rally at the State House in Concord; Saturday, April 13, 2013.

• A crowd gathered outside of the State House in Concord for the Honor Your Oath Rally; Saturday, April 13, 2013.<br/><br/>(SAMANTHA GORESH / Monitor staff)

A crowd gathered outside of the State House in Concord for the Honor Your Oath Rally; Saturday, April 13, 2013.

• Representative Donald L. LeBrun of Nashua applauds during the Honor Your Oath Rally at the State House in Concord; Saturday, April 13, 2013.<br/><br/>(SAMANTHA GORESH / Monitor staff)
  • Representative Jane Cormier of Alton addresses the crowd at the Honor Your Oath Rally at the State House in Concord; Saturday, April 13, 2013.<br/><br/>(SAMANTHA GORESH / Monitor staff)
  • Carlos Dow, 8, stands in front of his father Carl Dow and listens to the raffle numbers beign called at the Honor Your Oath Rally at the State House in Concord; Saturday, April 13, 2013.<br/><br/>(SAMANTHA GORESH / Monitor staff)

Over 600 people gathered at the State House in Concord for the Honor Your Oath Rally hosted by the Granite State Patriots Liberty Political Action Committee. The rally is in response to House Bill-135 , which would repeal New Hampshire’s, “Stand Your Ground,” law. The Granite State Patriots feel that those who voted for the law did not honor their oath of office to protect and uphold the Constitution because they feel a repeal of that law would violate the Second Amendment. The event included speakers, live music, and a raffle.

Since my earlier comment to Thom was purged, I wonder why?? I must add this bit. I think I found the actual "Oath" they were referring to - "We, the Order of the * * *, reverentially acknowledge the majesty and supremacy of the Divine Being, and recognize the goodness and providence of the same. And we recognize our relation to the United States Government, the supremacy of the Constitution, the Constitutional Laws thereof, and the Union of States thereunder." It seems to fit, but it also happens to be the Klan creed, go figure. If the education level fits........... Oh, this will be down before long.

Mauser I agree with what you wrote, but you don't need all those apostrophes. Americans and immigrants are just plural. Sorry but it is a pet peeve of mine. Like your and you're and their and there. I am always seeing those mistakes.

tillie, couldn't resist the other post where I included spare punctuation for you to insert - no offense, just a twisted sense of button pushing.

A bunch of gun nuts crying wolf. When they marched in Selma there were burned churches and dead bodies. When they marched after Stonewall there were dead bodies. These guys are crying about how their 2nd amendment freedoms are being taken away, while just down the street is a two-day gun show! This gun owner isn't afraid. This gun owner wants COMMON-SENSE steps to curtail violence committed by crazy people with guns. This gun owner doesn't feel the need to parade around 24/7 with a loaded gun on my person to prove that I'm a man, an adult, an American - whatever.

So these same people marched in Selma and after Stonewall?

No Scarlett, my point is that the Selma and Stonewall rallies were PURPOSEFUL in that there was ample evidence to prove that there was something REAL that they were marching in protest of. Real events, real deaths, real examples of infringement on personal liberties. As opposed to Saturday's rally, where just down the street from a bunch of folks crying "they're gonna take our guns away" was a hockey arena full of gun dealers chomping at the bit to SELL THEM MORE GUNS! That was my point. I was using the "collective they" - I was not saying that the ACTUAL folks who were there Saturday were ALSO at Selma and Stonewall. But then again, something tells me you know that already, and are just toying with me.

What most people have lost sight of is the fact that we are born with the natural right to defend ourselves - recognizing this, and codifying it into supreme law (Second Amendment), is one of the things that makes America exceptional. To wit, a firearm is an equalizer in nearly all self-defense situations. There are countless examples of an innocent person in peril who could have saved themselves, or their loved-ones, with the simple use of a firearm. Just look at the recent home-invasion in Bedford, NH. The man was seriously injured and his wife was brutalized. I hope the people who are criticizing the pro-second amendment protesters never find themselves in a situation like this, where they were unable to defend their family. I know I won't be. Then there's the history of governments oppressing their people (don't think it cannot happen here), which is the root cause of the Second Amendment. Let's call it insurance.

It would be interesting to discover what current Republican leaders think of this move to oust 189 state representatives from the State House (and to nullify every one of their votes). That move would trample on the rights of the citizens who elected those representatives. Does Republican leadership support or disapprove of this action?

Can someone please assure me the child holding the white flag is NOT, also holding a real assault rifle the same week a Danville police chief was charged with violating our state's Child Access Prevention law?

What is an "assault rifle". Define it.

Any rifle that is being used to "assault" someone. Funny how people that don't want to answer a question, always ask another question instead.

Well now I've heard everything.

So an assault weapons ban would ban .... what?

Real Americans exercising their rights....un like the protesting un-americans at immigration rallies

Yup! Rill Amurricans! And they'll shoot anybody who says otherwise.

Just exactly who are you to determine who is a real American and who isn't. Yup, exactly what I thought. All American's originally started out as immigrant's. Don't forget - not all immigrant's are of Latin American origin. And lastly, what ever happened to : "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." It doesn't say all American's, it say's all men PERIOD

Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.