M/sunny
48°
M/sunny
Hi 63° | Lo 41°

You can have fabulous floors

Don’t let grime and grease get you down;  mix up a batch of this amazing cleaner  and get to work!

• colorized advertising image from 1950s

colorized advertising image from 1950s

• Arm & Hammer Baking soda boxes are shown in this undated photo. The distinctive yellow boxes deodorizing most American refrigerators and freezers. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

Arm & Hammer Baking soda boxes are shown in this undated photo. The distinctive yellow boxes deodorizing most American refrigerators and freezers. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

• Arm & Hammer Baking soda boxes are shown in this undated photo. The distinctive yellow boxes deodorizing most American refrigerators and freezers. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

Arm & Hammer Baking soda boxes are shown in this undated photo. The distinctive yellow boxes deodorizing most American refrigerators and freezers. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

• colorized advertising image from 1950s

Several months ago I made the unfortunate mistake of coating my well-past-their-prime kitchen and bathroom floors with floor shine product. Oh, what a mistake! They looked great, for maybe two days, and then all the dirt and grime tracked into my house on the soles of people’s shoes began getting stuck in the layer of build up coating my floors. Gone was the long-lasting shine the bottle promised, and in its place a layer of grime held in suspended animation over my already ailing tile and linoleum.

Over the next several months I tried everything to remedy the situation: I used a steam mop, spent a fortune on various floor cleaners and even got on my hands and knees with a bottle of spray bleach and a rag. The dinginess stayed.

Then I stumbled on a recipe for magic. A floor cleaner so fabulous it stripped the grime off my floor in one cleaning session, albeit with a little bit of old-fashioned elbow grease. It worked so well I’ve been using it ever since, and not just for my floors. It’s great as a cleaner
for stubborn greasiness on the
stove top or under the range hood. Heck, you can clean nearly anything with this stuff, and you have everything you need to make it sitting in your kitchen cabinets right now.

Fabulous Floor Cleaner

1 cup baking soda

1 cup white vinegar

1 teaspoon dish detergent

Add all ingredients to a sink full of hot water and get to work.

Legacy Comments0
There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.