Sunny
76°
Sunny
Hi 81° | Lo 53°
The Insiders

The Insiders: A man-eating plant and a mom prom to kick off your weekend

You can see a Concord native star in a musical featuring a name we briefly considered as the title for this column in Little Shop of Horrors, opening tonight at the Manchester Community School’s Holy Cross Hall at 2291 Elm St. in Manchester. Laura Braley of our fair city stars as Audrey in the performance by The Majestic Academy of Dramatic Arts, and we pulled her away from dangerous plants long enough for her to answer a few questions.

How long have you been acting? I’ve been acting since I was in first grade, when I first performed in the Junior Student Actor’s Program at Beaver Meadow Elementary School.

You play Audrey in “Little Shop Of Horrors.” Has acting in this musical given you a newfound respect for plants? Considering that Audrey II eats me, plants do sometimes give me creepy dreams these days!

What advice would you give someone who found himself or herself in the clutches of a man-eating plant? Don’t feed the plant!

If you could play one role from any play or movie, what would it be? Audrey is one of my dream roles, but I would also love to play Glinda in Wicked or Cosette in Les Miserables.

Little Shop of Horrors will take place tonight and tomorrow night at 7 and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for seniors 65 and above and $12 for youth 17 and under. They can be purchased by visiting or calling the box office at 669-7469, visiting majestictheatre.net or at the door before the performance.

∎ ∎ ∎

You no doubt worked hard to keep your mom as far away from your prom as possible. Well, tonight she returns the favor. The first annual Concord Mom Prom is this evening from 7 to 11:30 at the Grappone Conference Center. Tickets are $35; for more information, visit concordmomprom.com. All tickets must be purchased in advance, and proceeds will be donated to Concord Connections Family Resource Center.

(Email the Insiders at
insiders@cmonitor.com.)

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.