Fire at single-family home in Pembroke displaces family

  • A fire that started in the kitchen and garage of a home at 236 Pembroke Hill Road in Pembroke on Tuesday extended into the attic. Photos courtesy of Jay Heath

  • Fire crews responded to an early morning blaze at a single-family home in Pembroke about 6:40 a.m. Tuesday.

  • Pembroke fire Lt. Tyrel Lemoine gets his air tank changed during a home fire at 236 Pembroke Hill Road in Pembroke on Tuesday, June 11, 2019. —Courtesy

Monitor staff
Published: 6/11/2019 1:28:51 PM

An accidental fire that broke out early Tuesday morning at a home in Pembroke has displaced a family and their cat.

The fire at 236 Pembroke Hill Road was contained largely to the kitchen and the garage but did extend up into the attic, as well, Pembroke fire Chief Harold Paulsen said. Crews responded to the single-family home about 6:40 a.m.

“The homeowners were there at the time but everyone was out when we arrived,” Paulsen said. “They do have a cat that we found, and the cat is fine.”

The home sustained extensive smoke damage in the early-morning blaze. Consequently, the family must temporarily relocate, Paulsen said, noting the residents have extended family in town.

According to property records, the home is owned by Dennis and Grace Forest, who are listed as trustees. The home was built in the 1960s.

Pembroke firefighters were assisted Tuesday by crews from Allenstown, Concord and Epsom. No firefighters were injured.

Paulsen said firefighters didn’t face any unique challenges on the scene and that the blaze was knocked down pretty quickly. Firefighters cleared the scene shortly after 9:30 a.m.

(Alyssa Dandrea can be reached at 369-3319 or at adandrea@cmonitor.com.)



Concord Monitor Office

1 Monitor Drive
Concord,NH 03301
603-224-5301

 

© 2019 Concord Monitor
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy