Help us fund local COVID-19 reporting in our community

Hillsboro: Police may get increased staffing

Published: 3/14/2017 10:38:11 PM

Hot topic: During the budget process, the select board held much discussion on the police budget, said Town Administrator Laura Buono. Added to the department’s budget are measures to contract a part-time prosecutor and bring a 30-hour per week employee up to 40 hours.

Budget: The proposed operating budget is $ 7.06 million, up $151,685 – or about 2 percent – from last year’s budget of $6.9 million

Buono is anticipating the tax rate will decrease 5 cents for $1,000 assessed property value, mostly due to an increase in revenue. That is a savings of about $10 on a house assessed at $200,000.

Noteworthy articles: There was discussion on whether the beautification project was really a Chamber of Commerce project, and, if so, should the town be asked to contribute $2,500 from the Dana Crane Fund.

Voters will also be asked to accept the donation of a building in the Old Town Center and to fund 20 percent of a sidewalk project with the other 80 percent covered by grants.

When and where: Town meeting will be Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Hillsboro-Deering gym.

Emily Young

Concord Monitor Office

1 Monitor Drive
Concord,NH 03301


© 2019 Concord Monitor
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy