Northwood School District warrant looks at security

Monitor staff
Published: 2/4/2019 5:19:32 PM

Hot topic: Two articles on the school district warrant deal with security.

Article 3 asks for a total of $480,000 to construction and equipment to update security at the Northwood School. The taxpayers are asked to fund $250,000, with $100,000 coming from a state grant and $70,000 from the building capital reserve fund.

Article 5 asks to fund 80 percent of salary to create the position of a school resource officer. The article is contingent on the passing of a town warrant article that would fund the other 20 percent. The school portion would be $66,777 and the town portion would be $16,994 for that position.

Budget: The proposed operating budget is $11.44 million, a 3 percent decrease from last year’s proposed budget. The default budget would be $11.39 million.

Noteworthy articles: The other articles on the warrant pertain to the collective bargaining agreement with the school support staff and a call for a special session if the contract proposal fails.

Elected positions: Stephanie Arroyo, Timothy Jandebeur and Shane Wells are running for two seats on the school board.

When and where: The deliberative session will be Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Northwood School. Ballot voting will be March 12 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Parish Hall.




Concord Monitor Office

1 Monitor Drive
Concord,NH 03301
603-224-5301

 

© 2020 Concord Monitor
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy