Deaths of man and woman in Concord apartment remain under investigation

  • Geoff Forester—Monitor staff

  • Police investigate a case of suspicious deaths in Concord on July 19, 2019 Geoff Forester—Monitor staff

  • A Concord police officer strings yellow tape near the scene of suspicious deaths off Ormond Street in Concord. GEOFF FORESTER / Monitor staff

  • A Concord police officer stands around yellow tape at the scene of suspicious deaths at the Royal Garden apartments off of Ormand Street on the Heights in Concord on Friday, July 19, 2019. GEOFF FORESTER—Monitor staff

  • Investigators from the Concord Police Department are seen in hazmat suits at an apartment complex off Ormond Street.

Monitor staff
Published: 7/19/2019 8:05:43 AM

The state attorney general’s office has identified a man and a woman who died early Friday in Concord but has declined to release their names until next of kin is notified.

Authorities are calling the deaths suspicious but as of late Friday had not yet said how they believe the two people died overnight.

“We really believe that this is a contained scene,” Senior Assistant Attorney General Ben Agati said. “We have a really good handle on everyone involved and will release more information as we are able to.”

Agati confirmed that the man and woman knew each other but did not say how.

“We know the relationship between those individuals but I’m not able to discuss it at this time,” he said.

The New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office, troopers with state police and Concord police officers responded early Friday morning to the Concord Gardens apartment complex off Ormond Street. Dispatchers received a 911 call for a medical emergency at about 4:05 a.m. No further details have been released about what unfolded from there.

Agati would not say whether police found a weapon on scene, but said Friday afternoon that a search warrant was being executed. He expected that investigators would spend a total of roughly 12 hours at the apartment complex.

“It’s just too early to say if someone else may have been in the apartment at the time this occurred,” Agati said.

Yellow crime scene tape marked off a section of apartments, where investigators continued to gather evidence late Friday morning. One woman was seen speaking with a police officer in that area, and she was the only person allowed close to the scene except for law enforcement.

As of early Friday, autopsies of the deceased had not yet been scheduled but Agati said he hoped they would occur Saturday.

While state authorities investigated the deaths of two people in Concord, they were also deploying resources to Manchester early Friday for a report of a shooting death in the area of Union Street. The attorney general’s office said that death does not appear to be a random act and that there is no greater threat to the general public.

(Alyssa Dandrea can be reached at 369-3319 or at

Concord Monitor Office

1 Monitor Drive
Concord,NH 03301


© 2019 Concord Monitor
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy