Weare single-family home damaged by fire

  • The house at 662 Concord Stage Road, which is a few miles past the Dunbarton border, was damaged from a Monday fire. Two firefighters were evaluated for heat-related issues, officials said. GEOFF FORESTER photos / Monitor staff

  • The house at 662 Concord Stage Road (Route 77, a few miles past the Dunbarton line) had significant damage from a Monday fire. GEOFF FORESTER—Monitor staff

Monitor staff
Published: 5/15/2018 2:04:14 PM

Firefighters quickly doused flames at a house on Concord Stage Coach Road in Weare on Monday afternoon and then searched for people inside.

No one was home at the time of the fire, but two firefighters had to be evaluated for heat-related issues.

The blaze was reported at 2:26 p.m. The first fire crew responded within five minutes to find a two-story Cape-style home with a “significant amount of fire showing,” fire officials said in a statement.

Firefighters initially fought the fire from the exterior of the building because the front of the home was consumed by fire. Crews searched the building and then began opening up void spaces to extinguish any lingering flames.

The fire was contained within 90 minutes, Weare fire Chief Robert Vezina said. The damage to the building was “substantial,” and the homeowners are staying with relatives in the area.

Several surrounding communities provided mutual aid, including Goffstown, Bow, New Boston, Henniker, Dunbarton, Hopkinton, Hillsboro, Francestown, Mont Vernon, Concord and Deering.

The home is owned by Donna and Charlie George, according to public records.

(Caitlin Andrews can be reached at 369-3309, candrews@cmonitor.com or on Twitter at @ActualCAndrews.)

Concord Monitor Office

1 Monitor Drive
Concord,NH 03301


© 2019 Concord Monitor
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy