Clear
43°
Clear
Hi 57° | Lo 23°

Laconia

Concord Area Transit to study bus route to Franklin

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A bus trip from Franklin to Concord means taking a ride in the Winnipesaukee Transit Service system to Tilton, near Exit 18 off Interstate 93. If schedules align, riders can then hop a bus to Concord. The organization that operates Concord Area Transit and the Winnipesaukee Transit Service thinks getting from Franklin to the capital should be easier. Last week, Community Action Program Belknap-Merrimack Counties announced plans to study a … 1

Business notes

Monday, April 14, 2014

Alliance Asset Management is CATCH Neighborhood Housing’s new property management company. Alliance Asset Management is also involved in the Work Experience Program, sponsored by the New Hampshire Employment Program, Southern New Hampshire Services and the New Hampshire Department of Heath and Human Services. The program is designed to create the opportunity for an individual to shift from public assistance to independence. The work … 0

Business notes

Monday, April 7, 2014

THE NEW HAMPSHIRE WOMEN’S BAR ASSOCIATION was selected to receive the National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations’s 2014 Public Service Award for its “Overcoming Cancer’s Legal Challenges” program, a collaboration of the group and the Elliot Regional Cancer Center. CENTRIX BANK’S Community Investment Program donated $10,000 to the … 0

Business people

Sunday, March 30, 2014

JOHN WARD, an attorney with the Patch & FitzGerald Law Firm, was elected vice president of the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Law Section for the 2014-15 term. GARY LONG, president of the New Hampshire Renewable Energy … 0

Letter: Peace of mind

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Growing up I was lucky to always have health insurance, but following a divorce, I learned I was going to lose my coverage and wouldn’t be able to get it through my employer. For the first time in my life I was going to be uninsured. Even though … 0

Business notes

Sunday, March 23, 2014

HEALTHSOUTH REHABILITATION HOSPITAL of Concord received top recognition from Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation for the second consecutive year. The hospital ranked in the top 10 percent of qualifying rehabilitation hospitals for 2013, 2012, 2008 and 2006. BANK OF NEW HAMPSHIRE gave $50,000 to the New Hampshire … 0

Letter: Cryans gets it

Sunday, March 9, 2014

I attended the District 1 Executive Council candidates forum for Mike Cryans and Joe Kenney at the Meredith Community Center on Feb. 11, at which Kenney stated his opposition to the Common Core standards for public education. In a recent interview published in a local newspaper, Kenney is … 0

Business people

Sunday, March 9, 2014

DAVE GUCWA joined RE/MAX Bayside of Meredith and Laconia. Gucwa brings many years of sales and marketing management experience, having worked in such fields as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and the food industry. JEFFREY KIPPERMAN, LESLIE WALKER, THOMAS DEYAK and … 0

Bank of New Hampshire honored with BOB award

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bank of New Hampshire was selected as a winner in New Hampshire Business Review’s 2014 BOB Awards, which honor the Best of Business in New Hampshire in more than 90 categories. Bank of New Hampshire was honored in the statewide readers’ survey for the Best Local Bank for … 0

King for a day

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Joe Kenney, Mike Cryans campaign for N.H. Executive Council in District 1

Thursday, March 6, 2014

As Republican Joe Kenney and Democrat Mike Cryans campaign through the Executive Council’s District 1, they’re hearing a similar message from constituents: “You’ve got big shoes to fill.” The two are running in a special election to finish … 0