Sunny
50°
Sunny
Hi 75° | Lo 51°

Concord

Letter: Feltes is stronger candidate

Friday, August 29, 2014

I am pleased to support Dan Feltes in his race for the New Hampshire Senate. Early in the campaign, Dan sought me out to ask for my vote. We met for an hour to discuss the issues. I intentionally asked some provocative questions knowing that the Senate can be a divisive and challenging environment. How would he hold up under … 0

Letter: Ardinger ready to serve

Friday, August 29, 2014

Does eight years of experience as a paid advocate for special interests of individuals and groups and eight weeks of accepting contributions from special interest groups really prepare one to represent all of the people in District 15? Iffy. For certain is Kass Ardinger’s strong, thoughtful and passionate advocacy for all of the people of Concord. Her integrity and willingness to withstand pressure … 0

Letter: ‘Monitor’ needs to offer clarity on state of housing

Friday, August 29, 2014

The Monitor’s editorial on the Vegas Block (Monitor Opinion, Aug. 15) is so muddled that it gives us little solid idea of whether its conclusion is correct or not. We are told that housing downtown is skewed toward low-income housing because 267 units are subsidized in one fashion or another. By what standard did the editorialists make that judgment? We are given no … 0

Concord boys’ soccer eyes continued success with revamped defense

Friday, August 29, 2014

An imposing and effective back line was the obvious strength for the Concord boys’ soccer team last year. The Crimson Tide allowed just 0.53 goals per game, posted 11 shutouts, went 14-3-2 and reached the Division I semifinals before losing to eventual champion Hanover, 1-0. But three quarters … 0

Capsule outlook of the area’s high school boys’ soccer teams

Friday, August 29, 2014

High school boys’ soccer outlook Coe-Brown Division: II Coach: Christian Gompert (3rd year) Last year: 5-9-3, reached first round Returning starters: Trey Berry, sr., D; Josh Conrad, sr., D; Garrett Kunz, sr., MF; Isaac Nowland, sr., MF; Spencer Nowland, sr., F; Jayson Cleveland, jr., F; Liam Clinch, jr., … 0

A roundup of local sports briefs, news and announcements

Friday, August 29, 2014

Funds for Education golf tournament The Funds for Education Golf Tournament was held Aug. 6 at Beaver Meadow Golf Course, with the victory going to Mark Coen, Matt Levins, Jackson Bouley and Jim Bouley (above). Joe Kasper, Derek … 0

CCSNH job portal to link employers, job seekers

Thursday, August 28, 2014

A new online job-finding service gaining traction at NHTI will be rolled out at five more community colleges this fall. Earlier this month, NHTI launched a free job portal for students, alumni and community members. The new service has resume-building tips and links employers and job seekers in … 0

The Insiders: Here’s your second chance to see ‘Northern Borders’ for the first time

Jay Craven is a fan of the city of Concord. And it’s safe to say that the city feels the same way – well at least when it comes to his film, Northern Borders. Craven brought his movie to Red River Theatres earlier this month for what turned … 0

With Market Basket back in business, employees are all smiles

Enxhi Shtino could have been at the beach yesterday. But she was at work, and smiling all the brighter because it had been almost a month since she last donned her blue smock and stood behind a cash … 0

They have their market back

Customers and employees were ecstatic to return to Market Basket stores yesterday, following the news late Wednesday night that Arthur T. Demoulas would be returning to the company. Shoppers congratulated employees at local Market Baskets - some even … 0

Letter: Bring back ‘Doonesbury’

For 25 years, I’ve been reading the Monitor while eating breakfast. For most of that period, I finished breakfast with a reading of “Doonesbury” – always a delightful and thoughtful read. I request that the Monitor reconsider its decision not to license and publish “Doonesbury” classics. I suspect … 0

Letter: Join the Scouts

I would like to encourage young Monitor readers to think about joining Boy Scouts. The program has helped me to grow in skills, confidence and character. As a Scout, I have gone on fun biking trips, white-water rafting adventures and countless camping trips. With great adult leaders and … 0

Letter: Ardinger is independent

Dear fellow District 15 voters: As the Sept. 9 Democratic primary election for District 15 state Senate draws near, I would like to share with you my reasons for supporting Kass Ardinger. I have known Kass both professionally and personally for the past 20 years. As a 30-year … 0