Concord School District Building
Concord School District Building Credit: Courtesy

The three incumbents on the Concord School Board up for re-election this year are planning to run again for their seats, and so far they have no challengers.

The filing period for candidates to register to run opened on Friday. So far, School Board members Gina Cannon and Jim Richards have filed to run for re-election, and Board member David Parker says he plans to follow suit.

There are three School Board seats up for election this year, including one in District A (representing Wards 1, 2, 3 and 4), one in District B (representing Wards 5, 6 and 7) and one in District C (Wards 8, 9 and 10). 

The candidate filing period will close at 5 p.m. on Monday, Sep. 19. Concord residents will vote on Election Day, Nov. 8, and the winning candidates will begin their three-year terms on Jan. 1, 2023.

Richards, who represents District A, has been on the board since 2015. Cannon from District C and Parker from District B have both served on the board since 2020.

Parker said Monday that he decided to run for re-election to help with the Rundlett Middle School building project, and to assist members of the district’s new administrative team with their transitions. Assistant Superintendent Kimberly Yarlott, Assistant Superintendent of Student Services John Fabrizio, Human Resources Director Michele Garon and executive assistant Bridget Edinger are members of that leadership group who have joined the district within the last two years. 

“It would be nice to spend a term working with them, to realize what we are trying to do,” Parker said.

There is a $5 filing fee for candidacy. Individuals wishing to run for School Board should file within the time frame with school district clerk Patrick H. Taylor at the Concord School District Offices on 38 Liberty Street.