Family escapes house fire on Page Road in Bow Sunday morning

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt.

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt. Courtesy

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt.

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt. —Courtesy

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt.

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt. —Courtesy

Monitor staff

Published: 11-27-2023 1:10 PM

Modified: 11-27-2023 5:56 PM


A Bow family escaped their burning home early Sunday morning after a space heater sparked a fire in the attached three-season porch, fire officials said.

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. for reports of a fire on a porch.

The fire quickly spread from the porch to the attic and living spaces of the 1,248 square foot split-level single family home.

Bow firefighters worked with crews from Concord, Dunbarton and Hooksett to extinguish the fire.

“Upon investigation, the family reported a space heater on the three season porch malfunctioned, causing the fire,” Bow Fire Chief Eliot Berman said.

The home was built in 1977 and currently valued at $293,000 by the town, according to public records.

No one was hurt in the blaze.

Article continues after...

Yesterday's Most Read Articles

Mother of two convicted of negligent homicide in fatal Loudon crash released on parole
Students’ first glimpse of new Allenstown school draws awe
Pay-by-bag works for most communities, but not Hopkinton
‘Bridging the gap’: Phenix Hall pitch to soften downtown height rules moves forward
Regal Theater in Concord is closing Thursday
‘We’re just kids’: As lawmakers debate transgender athlete ban, some youth fear a future on the sidelines