Discarded smoking material believed to cause house fire in Franklin 

Monitor staff
Published: 1/25/2023 3:48:40 PM
Modified: 1/25/2023 3:48:15 PM

Franklin fire was called to a home on North Main Street on Wednesday morning for reports of a fire believed to be caused by discarded smoking materials. 

When crews arrived at the home at 8:53 a.m., they saw smoke billowing from the front porch of a two-story residence, fire officials said in a statement. The fire was knocked down swiftly and no injuries to residents or firefighters were reported. 

“Even when people are very careful with their discarded smoking materials, this continues to cause many fires in the region,” said Franklin Fire Chief Michael Foss. 

As the winter season continues, fire officials are reminding people that discarded stove ashes and smoking materials should not be stored in or near structures and should be wet down with water when discarded to avoid outdoor fires. 

The Franklin Fire Department was assisted by the Tilton-Northfield Fire & EMS and Bristol Fire Department. 




Concord Monitor Office

1 Monitor Drive
Concord,NH 03301
603-224-5301

 

© 2021 Concord Monitor
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy