Concord police ask for public’s help in identifying alleged random attacker

GEOFF FORESTER

By ARIANNA MACNEILL

Monitor staff

Published: 04-03-2024 1:53 PM

Concord police say they're investigating a reported random attack of a resident on her back porch Saturday night.

Police were called for the incident to Iron Works Road near Martin Field and Madison Street, they said.

There, the resident told police she was on her back porch just before 10 p.m. when a stranger appeared from a wooded area, authorities reported.

“The stranger ran towards the victim, pushed her down by the throat and struck her multiple times,” police said in a press release. “When the attack ended the suspect ran out of the yard in an unknown direction.”

The attacker is described as a white man, tall and thin”with an unkempt, scraggly beard,” police said. He’s believed to be in his late 30s, and was wearing a green and white plaid shirt at the time.

Earlier that evening, a neighbor on Iron Works Road reported seeing someone walking through backyards, according to authorities.

Police are asking the public to help identify the alleged attacker, and those who may have seen suspicious behavior between 8 p.m. and midnight are asked to call police. Residents are also asked to check their home video cameras.

Police can be reached anonymously via the Concord Regional Crimeline at (603) 226-3100 or via online submission at www.concordregionalcrimeline.com.

Article continues after...

Yesterday's Most Read Articles

FAFSA fiasco hits New Hampshire college goers and universities hard
Opinion: New Hampshire, it’s time to drive into the future
Hometown Hero: Quilters, sewers grateful for couple continuing ‘treasured’ business
Steeplegate Mall redevelopment, with Cosco and Whole Foods as well as 625 housing units, to be heard next week
Red barn on Warner Road near Concord/Hopkinton line to be preserved
Former Warner town administrator placed on leave in Newbury