Help us fund local COVID-19 reporting in our community

Merrimack Valley School District to consider adopting SB2

Published: 3/1/2019 5:06:35 PM
Merrimack Valley School District Voters to weigh SB2 addition at meeting

Hot topic: People living within the Merrimack Valley School District will decide whether they want to become an SB2 district, which would separate town meeting deliberations and voting into two dates instead of one. The first meeting, the “deliberative session” is a public meeting that provides opportunities for information, discussion and possible amendment of all articles on the warrant. The second session is voting day when voters cast an official ballot to pass or fail proposed articles.

This question will be presented as Article III on this year’s ballot.

Budget: The proposed operating budget is $41,202,571, up 1.02 percent from last year’s $40,788,527. Major increases were $256,012 toward fulfilling collective bargaining agreements and $128,839 for special education salaries and retirement.

Noteworthy articles: Residents will be asked whether they are willing to pay $75,000 to fund a school resource officer at the Middle School. The school district would fund 75 percent of the total cost for this position, with the city of Concord funding the remaining 25 percent, according to the warrant.

Contested races: Louise Andrus and incumbent Hilary Denoncourt are both running for one three-year term on the school board representing Salisbury.

When and where: The Merrimack Valley School District annual meeting will be held on Thursday, March 7 at the Merrimack Valley High School Auditorium. The polls for voting will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Leah Willingham

Concord Monitor Office

1 Monitor Drive
Concord,NH 03301


© 2019 Concord Monitor
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy