Attorney general’s office still investigating two Concord shootings

Monitor staff
Published: 11/28/2021 3:00:40 PM
Modified: 11/28/2021 3:00:11 PM

Two investigations of fatal shootings in Concord are ongoing, according to the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office.

One investigation began over 10 months ago, following the death of Terrence Wigglesworth of Concord.

Wigglesworth, 28, was shot outside an apartment building on 46 Warren Street on Jan. 16. He was pronounced dead at the scene after undergoing medical treatment, according to a January statement from the Attorney General’s Office. An autopsy found that Wigglesworth was killed by a single gunshot to the chest.

“The exact circumstances surrounding this incident remain actively under investigation, including the potential of a self-defense claim,” the NH Attorney General’s Office said in the statement. No new information on the investigation has been released since January.

“We’re still working on putting together a report and conducting a full final analysis,” Assistant Attorney General Scott Chase said.“The final review and analysis is being completed, and the investigation is still open and ongoing.”

The Attorney General’s Office is also still looking into the death of 31-year-old Cody Tewell, who was shot at the Alton Woods apartment complex off of Loudon Road in October. 

Deputy Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Mitchell Weinberg ruled Tewell’s death a homicide, based on autopsy results that showed he died from gunshot wounds to the head and neck. 

Senior Assistant Attorney General Ben Agati wrote in an email to the Monitor that investigators and attorneys met the week of Nov. 17 to discuss the next steps, and that the investigation into Tewell’s death is open and ongoing. 


Support Local Journalism

Subscribe to the Concord Monitor, recently named the best paper of its size in New England.

Concord Monitor Office

1 Monitor Drive
Concord,NH 03301


© 2021 Concord Monitor
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy