Family escapes house fire on Page Road in Bow Sunday morning

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt.

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt. Courtesy

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt.

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt. —Courtesy

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt.

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. Sunday for reports of a fire on a porch. The single family home was badly damaged but no one was hurt. —Courtesy

Monitor staff

Published: 11-27-2023 1:10 PM

Modified: 11-27-2023 5:56 PM


A Bow family escaped their burning home early Sunday morning after a space heater sparked a fire in the attached three-season porch, fire officials said.

Bow firefighters responded to 302 Page Road at 5:13 a.m. for reports of a fire on a porch.

The fire quickly spread from the porch to the attic and living spaces of the 1,248 square foot split-level single family home.

Bow firefighters worked with crews from Concord, Dunbarton and Hooksett to extinguish the fire.

“Upon investigation, the family reported a space heater on the three season porch malfunctioned, causing the fire,” Bow Fire Chief Eliot Berman said.

The home was built in 1977 and currently valued at $293,000 by the town, according to public records.

Article continues after...

Yesterday's Most Read Articles

One last plea to save historic home: Norris House on Main Street due to be torn down soon
Opinion: Our first Virginia winter? How climate change has impacted NH
Girls’ basketball: Hopkinton’s title run falls short against Kearsarge; Cougars win first state title in 22 years
In a big blow, Spirit Airlines is ending flights from Manchester airport
A mother, a sister and her fight for a better life
Alton Bay seaplane ice runway grounded

No one was hurt in the blaze.